Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > 519 german bad
519 german bad

2174 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-12-15 13:14:30

•   Level 4   
    (101) points
    KAOOZ
    2015-12-14 13:55:34
      Hello, i bought an original Autel AL519, with latest Firmware (1.02/1.04) but the german language is very bad. Also there are many bugs in displayed Values and their Live Views. So the codes are displayed, but the dtc explanation in german is almost to 80% very very bad. Is there another good update planed? I think for this AL519, it is needed anyway, as also the english has many bugs in the functions itself.

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-12-15 09:36:50 (Reply to:KAOOZ)

Hi, have you updated this tool yet? If not, please go ahead to download the update pack on Autel website and update this tool first. After the update please check the result again. Thanks!

http://www.auteltech.com/autelcms/Code%20Readers&Code%20Scanners/360.jhtml (update pack under Downloads menu)

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    san

2015-12-15 10:31:14 (Reply to:KAOOZ)

Just did the latest US update and it finally works.

If you have strange lines in your screen, change to other language in settings, and back again.

•   Level 4   
    (101) points
    KAOOZ
    2015-12-15 12:46:37 (Reply to:san)
     Hello,
    thank you for the Information. Indeed, i updated with latest Version from autel.eu, but i refer to this, as this is too bad.
    For me, it is no Problem to look in english, but the Key Market are small Workshops here, and no one thinks about them.
    They often can not speak english at all, and have great difficulties in reading the Information.
    This is greatest Problem and can't be discussed away. A proper german translation would be good, not mentioning the other bugs, that are consistent, like the Live View Diagrams without scale. They look terrible and do not make sense at all.
    And when even the AL519 is so badly translated, how can i convince the Man in the Workshop, that the better Products have good translations? Yes, i do not lie, as there are many People here, who can not speak or understand english. We need proper translations, without gaps or just left away titles.
    I know, that the product offers very much for this price, but it has to be proper translations in it. This is more important,then you think.
    The usage of the product lives with that, bad translations are not ok in 2015 anymore, as this is mostly a copy/paste story, when you take the DTC in English with the corresponding DTC-Number and take the same in German.
    I can not tell the Workshop to take a Notebook and look after that, as he has no time for that.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    san

2015-12-15 13:14:30 (Reply to:KAOOZ)

Just did the latest US update and it finally works.

The EU and US firmware updates are different files, but i tried it anyway.

I stumbled upon the solution, for the messed up screen after a firmware update. Happens ONLY when you install a firmware with a different language pack then was installed when you bought it.

So when you do the Update in an other language pack, you're screen is messed up every time.

If you have strange lines in your screen (mostly in settings), change to an other language (You can not see this because there are strange symbols now, so: top row in settings, 3 choises ), and later back again to the prefered one).

It should be fine now.

Tried 5 different firmware versions (EU 4 different language packs, and US 1 pack)   and the AL519 is stil working on the US pack now.

Just tested it on the car and it works fine.

Hope the US firmware version from 30 ‎juli ‎2015 is better English then the European language packs, which should be updated by Autel.

And they should fix the problem with the screen when updating the firmware.

Lots of people have problems with this "bug" for years and it is stil not fixed.

If you're problems are bigger then strange symbols after an update , try to navigate to settings and goto row 7 (bottom) for update modus.

and install the previous firmware again (don't forget to select the right device in maxlinkII).

English should be alright now.

Total1 Pages